As with DH_Mouse_overlay it is an invisible module that lays across your keyboard keys and must be on the top (z-order), it then takes complete control over the bitmaps, it will probably take a bit of messing about to get the size right, you just drag the size like any other module. The black size is for how far down the vertical access the black keys extend to in %.
* scroll – This dictates whether moving the mouse along the keyboard whilst the mouse button is held affects the whole series of keys.
* Sticky Keys – Decides whether the keys stay down or not
* Added Velocity Response on Note On, so clicking lower will be louder, the velocity pin now serves as maximum velocity.
The next bit is for when scroll is switched off, there is the possibility of clicking a key and moving the mouse, the key stays pressed and then depending on the mod mode ( MOD Mode – ) , it can affect the Mod Wheel and Pitch Bend, either one or both off. The 4th mode is CC and allows controlling 2 selectable CC parameters from the cc1 and cc2 menus. Modulation and Pitch are switched off for this mode, although the animations still work.
Additionally holding Shift or CTRL will allow editing just one of the axis when in a dual mode.
Also the black keys are at an assumed width basically 1/12th of an octave which may need a parameter to alter for differing sized bitmaps. This is not implemented, though I have implemented a pin for future use if the need occurs so that the modules can simply be updated without re-insertion.
Any bugs let me know
Features from the original versions:
A collection of 8 GUI keyboards that can also animate incoming midi data. Simply connect bitmaps of your keys/Mod Wheel/Pitch Bend to the Float pins. Modules are for 1 – 8 octaves. For general use choose mode 3 which does everything. Saves dozens of modules reducing load time, and uses very little CPU.
Also includes AP Patch Pulse which can be used to connect to the bool retrigger pin for retriggering sticky notes on a patch change. Patch Pulse also includes a volt out for general use and should be used in the same container as miditocv.
Free to use in synthedit projects, although donations are very welcome
- 4 modes – Display midi, Display midi + GUI keyboard->midi, Display + GUI + midi through, GUI->midi only
- Full support for Mod Wheel and Pitch Bend interaction.
- Octave switch – changes octave of GUI keyboard.
- Transpose – Transposes incoming + GUI midi data at the midi output.
- Midi Reset – Supports full midi reset / switch GUI keys off.
- Midi Retrigger – If using stepped bitmaps for sticky mode, this bool pin will retrigger all stuck keys on demand, for instance with my bool ‘Patch Pulse’ module.
- Text output – displays the octave number, useful for small keyboards with octave control.
- Retriggers stuck keys on octave change.
- rests all notes and midi on synth startup.
- Selectable GUI keyboard Midi channel.