October 30, 2022, 2:28 pm
DigiTs is a lightweight instrument for Kontakt 6 which uses 127 multi-sampled oscillators from an Elektron Digitone for a solid selection of FM Tones. The synth engine cross-fades between 2 of these oscillators either using an LFO or the Modulation Wheel.
Up to 127 user samples can also be loaded via Drag & Drop.
DigiTs is priced at $29.99 but is available for the introductory price of $14.99 for a couple of weeks.
October 9, 2022, 1:06 pm
Transition updated to v1.2
- Modulation Wheel Mode now included for manual cross fading using the Mod Wheel.
Transition updated to v1.1
- User Samples mode added, up to 127 samples can be added via drag & drop via the ‘SAMPLE MANAGER’ Panel, the ‘USER’ button switches to using these samples.
- The instrument now allows setting LFO re-trigger via the GUI rather than needing a separate instrument using the ‘RETRIG’ button.
October 1, 2022, 12:05 pm
Transition is a very lightweight/low memory Instrument which is designed around the idea of crossading between 2 waveforms using an LFO. The included 127 waveforms were multi-sampled at 96khz from a Korg NTS-1 using various different Oscillator Models. They are single cycle & so use very little memory & sound very clean & strong. The NTS-1 is a great little synth that allows loading 3rd party oscillators & some of these are very interesting.
Available for the intro price of just $14.99
September 3, 2022, 11:38 pm
- Fixed loop end marker errors in re-sampled exports.
- Export types would only export if original was also selected, now you can just select any you want.
- If Midi Note isn’t found in the header or filename, it will now look to the very end of the filename to see if there is note information ie; ‘C3’ or ‘Gb2’
- The download is also Notarized which means it’s been scanned & certified to be safe by Apple.
September 1, 2022, 11:16 pm
This update sees various fixes and some improvements to the Single Cycle & Phase alignment.
- Added Frequency/Midi Note detection. Use with caution as it will not detect all material correctly, it’s still a preferable option to add midi note information to the file header or name when they were created.
- Reworked & Improved the phase align code.
- FIXED: crash when using Phase Align and files that have no Midi Note assignment.
- FIXED: fade % is now visible at startup.
- Removed single cycle scan range, now just uses the single cycle sample size instead
August 29, 2022, 12:12 pm
Dalmatian is a collection of 96k multi-sampled oscillators sampled from a Behringer MS-1 (SH-101 Clone) and the mapped into a dual synth Kontakt Instrument. The samples are single cycles & so take up very little memory.
Available for the introductory price of $19.99 for the next 2 weeks.
August 28, 2022, 11:34 pm
The single cycle code has been reworked to be more reliable with as wider range of source material.
- Improved the single cycle loop zero crossing search for the end point, it now scans for nearest in both direction.
Added controls to enable/disable Zero-X Start which then gives the option for zero-X end and a maximum scan time in percentage of loop size.
- Resample added for the single cycle loop, this will resample loops that are larger/smaller due to the zero X scan which effectively tunes them to perfect pitch. It should only be used as a last resort as it does change the character of the sound. It’s better to ensure that the source is already the correct pitch before it reaches batch xFader.
- Added option to enable/disable the zero X scan phase alignment on ‘CREATE LOOP’ mode, although it’s recommended to leave this on usually.
August 25, 2022, 1:44 am
This is quite a major update, single cycle mode really expands the program’s usefulness!
- Single Cycle Export Mode Added – locates a positive zero crossing in the centre of the file, sets the end to the correct number of samples for the given midi note & then scans for the next negative zero crossing. For the midi note, it can either be embedded or in the filename.
- Loops now quantise to the nearest multiples of frequency if the filename has a midi Note number or embedded note number in the smpl header.
- Loop section now looks for positive zero crossing at the start & negative at the end which can help with phase issues & also setting xFade amount to zero will now bypass the xFade altogether. If you have constant material this can perhaps create seamless loops if single cycle mode is not sufficient.
- Added xFade Mode menu with a choice between Equal Power, Linear, & 3 S Curve modes.
- Fixed: Trim Start ‘All’ ignored the Trim Start enable.
- Fixed: occasional small click on some loops.
- Fixed: The Fade in sample amount was left when using ‘Delete All’ even though ‘Fade In’ was disabled.
August 22, 2022, 9:46 am
The site has now migrated to a new server. I’ve had issues receiving mail ever since I got the last server and was unable to resolve it. That’s the main reason for the move, however the new server also has double the ram, is SSD based & has a faster connection to the internet, so it should be an improved experience.
Please let me know if you experience any issues.
August 18, 2022, 10:04 pm
A simple program which soft monitors soundcard inputs on a MAC without having to open a DAW to enable monitoring. I made this for myself because the direct monitoring on a Steinberg UR22 mkII treats them as dual mono and so is no use for listening to stereo input sources. I thought other people might find it useful too.
August 16, 2022, 10:19 am
I’m in the process of implementing code signing/notarization for the Mac versions of apps. On the last few versions of MacOS, it gives a warning and no option to open the file without shift-clicking/open. Code signing means the open option is available on the ‘downloaded from the internet’ warning & Apple verifies that the file was compiled on my registered development Mac.
I haven’t got notarization working yet which is when apple scans files for viruses and attaches their certificates. It’s complex and I haven’t worked out how to work this in to my workflow as yet. It will happen though.
Kit Creator will also be updated soon.
August 12, 2022, 9:07 am
Batch xFader is designed to accomplish the tedious work involved making sampler instruments out of samples. This process generally involves:
- Creating a sustain loop
- Cross fading the loop so it loops seamlessly
- Trimming any space at the start
- or trimming all/most space at the start
- Creating a short fade in at the start to avoid any non zero-crossing clicks
- Deleting all data after the loop section which is not usually used
- Converting Stereo to Mono
- Converting to multiple formats
Batch xFader can accomplish all of these tasks as a batch process on the selected folder of WAVs very quickly.
August 5, 2022, 12:02 am
Hydra Stack is a collection of Multi Sampled instruments sampled from a Hydra Synth using the Wavestack Mutant. This module creates a detuned unison style of sound from the loaded oscillator shape. 218 instruments have been sampled at 96khz using 2 samples per octave over 5 octaves for a great sampled range. There are 2 complete sets, one set at 20% detune & the other at 40%.
The digital waveforms from the Hydrasynth are special due to their high resolution & a great collection for bright sounds that don’t sound harsh.
introductory price $19.99 until the end of August.
July 23, 2022, 10:45 am
A sample collection of 3,700+ samples recorded using a Roland TR-6S using the Classic Models & FM Algorithms.
There a over 1,000 included presets for:
Introductory Price of $19.99.