August 28, 2022, 11:34 pm
The single cycle code has been reworked to be more reliable with as wider range of source material.
- Improved the single cycle loop zero crossing search for the end point, it now scans for nearest in both direction.
Added controls to enable/disable Zero-X Start which then gives the option for zero-X end and a maximum scan time in percentage of loop size.
- Resample added for the single cycle loop, this will resample loops that are larger/smaller due to the zero X scan which effectively tunes them to perfect pitch. It should only be used as a last resort as it does change the character of the sound. It’s better to ensure that the source is already the correct pitch before it reaches batch xFader.
- Added option to enable/disable the zero X scan phase alignment on ‘CREATE LOOP’ mode, although it’s recommended to leave this on usually.
August 25, 2022, 1:44 am
This is quite a major update, single cycle mode really expands the program’s usefulness!
- Single Cycle Export Mode Added – locates a positive zero crossing in the centre of the file, sets the end to the correct number of samples for the given midi note & then scans for the next negative zero crossing. For the midi note, it can either be embedded or in the filename.
- Loops now quantise to the nearest multiples of frequency if the filename has a midi Note number or embedded note number in the smpl header.
- Loop section now looks for positive zero crossing at the start & negative at the end which can help with phase issues & also setting xFade amount to zero will now bypass the xFade altogether. If you have constant material this can perhaps create seamless loops if single cycle mode is not sufficient.
- Added xFade Mode menu with a choice between Equal Power, Linear, & 3 S Curve modes.
- Fixed: Trim Start ‘All’ ignored the Trim Start enable.
- Fixed: occasional small click on some loops.
- Fixed: The Fade in sample amount was left when using ‘Delete All’ even though ‘Fade In’ was disabled.
August 22, 2022, 9:46 am
The site has now migrated to a new server. I’ve had issues receiving mail ever since I got the last server and was unable to resolve it. That’s the main reason for the move, however the new server also has double the ram, is SSD based & has a faster connection to the internet, so it should be an improved experience.
Please let me know if you experience any issues.
August 18, 2022, 10:04 pm
A simple program which soft monitors soundcard inputs on a MAC without having to open a DAW to enable monitoring. I made this for myself because the direct monitoring on a Steinberg UR22 mkII treats them as dual mono and so is no use for listening to stereo input sources. I thought other people might find it useful too.
August 16, 2022, 10:19 am
I’m in the process of implementing code signing/notarization for the Mac versions of apps. On the last few versions of MacOS, it gives a warning and no option to open the file without shift-clicking/open. Code signing means the open option is available on the ‘downloaded from the internet’ warning & Apple verifies that the file was compiled on my registered development Mac.
I haven’t got notarization working yet which is when apple scans files for viruses and attaches their certificates. It’s complex and I haven’t worked out how to work this in to my workflow as yet. It will happen though.
Kit Creator will also be updated soon.
August 12, 2022, 9:07 am
Batch xFader is designed to accomplish the tedious work involved making sampler instruments out of samples. This process generally involves:
- Creating a sustain loop
- Cross fading the loop so it loops seamlessly
- Trimming any space at the start
- or trimming all/most space at the start
- Creating a short fade in at the start to avoid any non zero-crossing clicks
- Deleting all data after the loop section which is not usually used
- Converting Stereo to Mono
- Converting to multiple formats
Batch xFader can accomplish all of these tasks as a batch process on the selected folder of WAVs very quickly.
August 5, 2022, 12:02 am
Hydra Stack is a collection of Multi Sampled instruments sampled from a Hydra Synth using the Wavestack Mutant. This module creates a detuned unison style of sound from the loaded oscillator shape. 218 instruments have been sampled at 96khz using 2 samples per octave over 5 octaves for a great sampled range. There are 2 complete sets, one set at 20% detune & the other at 40%.
The digital waveforms from the Hydrasynth are special due to their high resolution & a great collection for bright sounds that don’t sound harsh.
introductory price $19.99 until the end of August.
July 23, 2022, 10:45 am
A sample collection of 3,700+ samples recorded using a Roland TR-6S using the Classic Models & FM Algorithms.
There a over 1,000 included presets for:
Introductory Price of $19.99.
June 19, 2022, 1:36 pm
This is a big update that’s seen a huge amount of work in terms of restructuring into a modular system and refining the small things. I think this really should be v1.0 but I want to see if anyone has any feedback. The formats conversion is still to come but that shouldn’t impact any existing features.
- Added a new Pad Screen which shows which allows clicking on a pad and showing/enabling which of the folders are assigned. Pads can also be labelled and saved as label presets.
- Pads will display folders faded if they do not have any folders assigned. Folders will be faded if they are not assigned to currently selected Pad.
- Pad Screen allows drag & dropping multiple folders and drag & drop re-ordering.
- Pad Panel shows which pads a folder is assigned to when hovering over a folder.
- Folder Displays now have a right click menu that provides various options such as remove, clear, copy Path & open in Finder/Explorer.
- Processing Panel added and all previous top controls moved to it, it has a modular design so different inputs, tasks and outputs can be assigned now as they are developed.
- Possibility to randomize Volume, Pan and Release in existing folders of files.
- Added options to enable/disable the numeric/Random name generators.
- Numeric name now counts existing files and starts numbering at total+1.
- Added Folder Size Display to Folders Panel and total at the top.
- Folder Highlight Colour added to themes.
- Folder Border added to themes.
- Added Mouse Over highlight to the dummy folder box on the themes page so that Folder highlight can be previewed on that page.
- Output Amount now displays ‘All’ instead of -1.
- It’s now no longer possible to load the exact same directory twice.
- Folder and Slider Headers were using the wrong Text Colour, should have been Header text.
- Folders now support Drag & Drop to change the order instead of the up/down arrows.
- Slider number labels now use the correct theme colour.
- Slider panel parameter Enable controls moved to processing Panel.
- Rewritten how the messages are used throughout the app, now hovering over controls will display messages at the top instead of through the Tooltip system.
- Right click menu added to file displays with delete file/save etc…
- Preset Table Border now uses the border colour correctly.
- Manual rewritten to reflect the many changes.
May 28, 2022, 4:25 pm
Fixed a problem with the Copy buttons and Pattern default.