Imagine automatically creating infinite Kits from your existing Sample collection, that’s what Kit Creator does!
Kit Creator is a program for Windows/Mac that automatically generates Sample Kits of 16 samples for MPCs and Ableton Live. You can drop up to 16 Directories that contain samples and assign which Pads they will be used for. If more than one directory is assigned to the same Pad, one of the directories will be randomly selected. It also randomises each Pad’s Volume, Pan and Release Time with a user defined min/max range.
- Up to 16 Directories can be added via drag & drop which are then scanned recursively.
- Each Directory can be assigned to any or even all pads.
- Each directory has its sample order randomised until all have been used, and then they are randomised again.
- Creates a specific number of presets or All mode generates until every sample has been used at least once, all kits will always contain 16 unique samples.
- Creates a random name randomised for a database of 30,000 words.
- Uses template files for the source preset so you can replace with your own so you can have control over every setting beyond what Kit creator changes.
- Exports directly to Ableton Live’s user directories so presets are immediately available.
- Has a Preset System for saving & Reloading Presets.
- Theming System with save & load capaibilities.
- Pad Label Presets can be edited, saved and loaded.
- Supports 64-bit Windows and 64-bit Apple M1/Intel.
- Includes PDF manual.
- Requirements: 64-bit Windows or 64-bit Mac (10.13 or later).
- Mac version is Universal Binary & so natively supports M1 or intel.
Here’s a brief video showing how it works, the video is a bit out of date but the creation is basically the same.
There is a forum thread for development details, discussion & support: