This collection compiles the first 5 Iris Releases into a single product. It comes with 550 presets for both v1 and v2 of Izotope Iris and over 900 Samples. For users who own at least one of the included releases there is an upgrade option offered on the Downloads Page for a limited time.
Instruments are constructed using 1-3 Samples and take full advantage of the Spectral Features of Iris and most have Aftertouch assigned to the Filter Cutoff. The intention was to provide musically useful Pads full of texture and movement. All 919 included WAVs are also available to explore when creating your own instruments, or in other music products that can use them.
The Following Releases are included:
- Analog IR – Analog IR provides 110 Beautiful Pads for Izotope Iris using samples that were designed using an Elektron Analog 4.
- Awakenings IR – The sounds for Awakenings were created using combinations of many synths to create an interesting and varied collection of samples.
- Dissonance IR - The intention with Dissonance was to represent Alien worlds and the darkest corners of the universe, although there is some occasional beauty.
- Lumin IR – The Lumin Samples were crafted using UHE Bazille and Waldorf Largo for sound design.
- Starburst IR – The Starburst Samples were designed using an Access Virus TI Synthesizer.
- Presets: 550
- Samples: 919
- Download: 1.01 GB
Iris Collection Vol 1 costs $149 but has an introductory price of $99 which offers significant saving compared to buying the titles individually. All individual Iris releases are also reduced throughout this same period.
Calculus is a collection of presets for the Virtual CZ Plug-in of mainly Pads inspired by the likes of Eno, Harold Budd and the Boards of Canada. Some of the sounds were designed on a CZ1000 and transferred to the plugin, although they make full use of aftertouch and also the loopable envelopes which which really add to Virtual CZ’s Pad creation appeal.
There are 128 presets in total which are mainly Pads and Atmospheres with a few Basses and Leads thrown in for good measure. The Presets are provided in VST2, VST3, Audio Units and Pro Tools formats so you can use whichever you prefer.
Virtual CZ is an emulation of the Casio CZ Range of Synths made in the 80′s which used a unique form of Synthesis. The Plug-in was created by Oli Larkin and sold by Plugin Boutique. If you are a fan of the CZ Synths it really is a must buy, and if you have never owned one now is the time!
Calculus CZ is priced at $19.99 but available for an introductory price of just $14.99 until February.
Multiverse Calculus for Kontakt 5.4
130 Multi-Sampled Instruments designed with a CZ1000 and Virtual CZ with the aim of providing a collection of beautiful Pads for layering within the Multiverse Script. Each sample is longer than usual at 14 seconds long with a long loop section which preserves the character of the CZ. It is ideal for anyone wanting an almost endless and inspiring resource of Ambient Pads.
With Multiverse you can randomize the Instruments easily using the ‘W’ button to quickly get new combinations, or use the global randomize to generate new instruments very quickly. The original sounds are also available to buy for the Virtual CZ VST Instrument if you own it.
- Size: 1.7 GB
- 520 24-bit Samples
Multiverse Calculus is priced at $49.99 but is available for an introductory price of just $29.99 until February.
150 Multi-Sampled Instruments designed with an MFB Dominion X Analog Synthesizer. This excellent synth has a hard yet warm sound, and this is a great collection for use with the included Multiverse and Kosmology Scripted Instruments. Most Samples were made with the filter open to allow taming within the scripts. The Instruments sound great in Kosmology and 20 new Kosmology presets are included specifically for Dominate.
Includes both Multiverse and Kosmology Instruments, and although it was designed with Multiverse in Mind, the sounds actually work extremely well in Kosmology as you can hear in the audio demos.
It is priced at $39.99 but available for the introductory price of just $24.99 until February.
Shimmer is a collection of mainly Pads and Sequences for the Superb Modular Synthesizer Bazille. The Pads range from pure beauty to mild chaos, whilst the Sequences are complex rhythms useful for Electronic Genres. All Presets make use of Aftertouch and the Modulation Wheel allowing for real-time manipulation which can be heard in the demos.
The collection includes:
- 64 Pads/Keys
- 41 Sequences
- 15 Bass and FX
To install simply extract to your Bazille Presets Folder.
After Months of work, Multiverse the successor to Kosmos is now released, furthermore all Kosmology Releases have now been updated to include Multiverse which adds extra weight to each collection. This is a free update to all existing customers and can be downloaded from your personal downloads page. Note that Multiverse has replaced Kosmos which will no longer be sold, however Kosmos releases are still available to those that bought them.
The idea with Multiverse was to redesign Kosmos from scratch, bringing many enhancements seen in the Kosmology Script. Multiverse has now replaced Kosmos, and if you own any Kosmos products, the multiverse versions are available on your download page. The major improvements are:
- An internal Browser for loading & saving Presets easily – there are also previous/next buttons for cycling through presets easily
- The preset browser has the ability to filter which parts of the presets are loaded, for instance you could just load the filter section when cycling through presets
- The ability to save a Default Instrument used as the basis for all of the Default buttons
- Clearer design of the front panel which has most of the major sound design controls visible at once
- An Advanced Programmable Arpeggiator – This replaces the Sequencer used in Kosmos as Kosmology instruments are also included with each Multiverse release
- True Dual Synth – Each Synth now has it’s own Filter in comparison to Kosmos which shared the Filter Cutoff and Resonance controls.
- Mono/Unison/Portamento are now controlled from the Multiverse script.
- The Reverb has been replaced by a Convolver which includes 50+ Impulse responses – the same set used in Kosmology
- Kosmology Instruments are included in all Kosmos Releases
- Designed with Light CPU use in mind – Multiverse uses much less CPU than Kosmos
- Sample memory is automatically managed so that only the used samples are loaded at any time.
Continue reading →
The Fusion Sample Collection was designed using a Dave Smith Instruments Mopho, capturing it’s aggressive analog sound to the full. It’s a very interesting addition to the Kosmology Collection and has a very different feel to all of the other releases.
All 200 instruments are multi-sampled, using 3 samples per instrument at 24-bit. Whilst plenty of instruments are chromatically useful, there are also plenty of FX instruments throughout the collection to add some nice surprises and interests whilst Wave Sequencing. Although Kosmology is not really about presets considering how easy and fun it is to make your own, there are Fifty Presets included and of course presets from other Kosmology Releases can also be opened.
Continue reading →
The Kosmology script for Kontakt 5 has been updated for all paid versions which includes Awakenings, Analog, Evolution, Dissonance, Space, Lumin and Elementary. V1.3 adds the following:
- Sustain/Hold Mode Added via pedal or button (‘H’) – Mainly designed for use with a sustain pedal so that current notes will be held when released, it also has a button to be triggered from the GUI (‘H’ next to Live Mode). When on constantly it does work polyphonically although when no keys are held and new ones are triggered it really relies on a single note to release the old ones otherwise occasionally old notes will not be released. In practice if you want to use chords, playing them like a quick guitar strum works well.
- Added Randomization options. Found under the new ‘Options’ Tab are a group of Buttons which will decide whether Wave A, Wave B. Wavemix/Start Position, FX, Filter and Envelopes should be included when using the Synth Randomize button. There are also individual randomizers for each of them.
- 7 New Destinations added:
- Cutoff Mirror
- Resonance B Offset
- Cutoff/Resonance 1 Combi
- Cutoff/Resonance 2 Combi
- Cutoff/Resonance/Filter Decay Combi
- Wave Mirror
- Mod Frequency
- Fixed – Mirror Pan wasn’t working correctly
The update is available for free and can be downloaded from your personal download page when logged in.
Dissonance IR provides 110 Landscapes for Izotope Iris using the Dissonance Sample Collection as building blocks. Instruments are constructed using 1-3 Samples and take full advantage of the Spectral Features of IRIS and most have Aftertouch assigned to the Filter Cutoff. The intention was to represent Alien worlds and darkest corners of the universe with some occasional beauty. All 200 WAVs that form the Dissonance Sample collection are also available to explore when creating your own planets.
Instruments : 110
Samples : 200
Download Size: 316 MB
Whilst the trend nowadays is towards Analog Emulation, Elementary takes the opposite route and brings 467 ‘cheap’ digital instruments into Kosmology. After initial tests it was found that these sounds bring a fantastic clarity, and for Wave Sequencing an excellent range of Timbres which work together extremely well! This is the largest Kosmology release yet with more than twice the instruments included in previous releases, and to get this number and keep the memory consumption down, they are limited to two multi-samples per instrument.
All 467 instruments are multi-sampled, using 2 samples per instrument at 24-bit. Whilst most sounds are chromatically useful, there are also some FX instruments throughout the collection to add some nice surprises and interests whilst Wave Sequencing. Although Kosmology is not really about presets considering how easy and fun it is to make your own, there are Fifty Presets included and of course presets from other Kosmology Releases can also be opened.
Kosmology Dissonance for Kontakt 5 takes the Kosmology Sequencing System into darker regions compared to previous releases. There are 200 wild, boisterous and clangy samples to discover crazy loops whilst Wave/Sample Start Sequencing. This collection is perfect for creating endless unique loops for use in all genres of Electronic Music.
If you are new to Kosmology you can get FreeFall for free from here to experience Sequencing Heaven.
Continue reading →