This update brings a few new features such as more ENV 3 destinations and a few more randomizers, plus some fixes especially when randomizing presets which could cause the occasional sound blow out. There is also a new bank of 32 presets.
Ballistic Drum Kits provides a large collection of mostly Bread and Butter Drum Kits all of which can be easily interchanged for quickly transforming a playing drum pattern. They are quite heavy kits which are especially well suited to Hip Hop, Trip Hop & R n B, all the collection is diverse enough to be useful to any sampletank user . There aren’t very many Electronic Drum Kits for Sampletank, and so this Tank attempts to bridge the gap, at least another 2 complimentary collections will be released which will provide more drum kits, instrument kits designed for layering, and percussion kits.
This update brings a new bank of 128 sounds of mainly traditional Analogue type Leads and Basses with minimal effects. There is also a dedicated version called Mesh Lead which allows loading this sound set into your host much more easily than loading an fxb. There are also a few new features, such as Bass Cut, Assignable Destination for Envelope 3, and the option to send Oscillator 3 to the filter cutoff for some interesting modulation effects.
The idea behind Mesh was to create a Virtual Analogue mono synth in the style of the Minimoog with the addition of 5 Tempo based LFOs for exploring rhythmic potential. In comparison to previous Homegrown Synths, Mesh is very simple using 3 Oscillators and a Sub Oscillator to shape the sound, a single oversampled Low Pass Moog style filter, and 3 Envelopes. The LFOs can modulate most parameters, and there are several quantized pitch destinations to enable complex one finger sequences to be constructed. Add to this a compact effects section comprising of a Modulator, a Delay and SoundScaper and finally an Arpeggiator which all adds up to a simple lightweight sonic playground.
This is the first Collection released for Sampletank with more planned. Vintage Synths is a huge collection based on the Akai SG01v Vintage Synth Module and adds 98 parent multi-sampled instruments and 350+ child presets using the full power of the sampletank engine. All instruments use 9 multi-samples for smooth alias free transitions and are sampled at 24bit 48khz giving plenty of headroom.
Free VST plug-in designed for controlling a hardware multitimbral module from a single place. It’s more useful in some hosts than others due to the way midi output can be routed from a plug-in. It was built with Reaper in mind and works very well in there.
Full information can be found here.
- New Sequencer GUI – A purpose built interface has replaced the old sliders on the main sequencer.
- Muters – This row has now been integrated into the main Sequencer Display so that when muters are enabled only playing notes are visible. Clicking on a disabled slot will add a note and double clicking will remove an existing note.
- Velocity – The velocity Sequencer from the modulation Page is now overlayed on the main Sequencer Display when it is enabled. Clicking right side of the step will allow editing the value, or alternatively holding CTRL will override note editing so that only velocities are edited. The old Velocity Sequencer is still available for people who still want to use it. The Enable button has also been duplicated to the main screen.
- Ties – When a Tie is in effect, the note will be turn green so that they can easily be seen.
- Custom Scales – A new section is now available on the Scale Remapper which allows editing of 12 custom scales. These can either be selected via any of the Scale Menus, or alternatively there is a ‘Use All’ button which will instantly load Custom Scales 1-12 to the corresponding menus. When using the latter method it is then possible to have total control over all scales for each note and so they can be edited on the fly. The Use All button has also been duplicated on the main screen at the top of the Scales column.
- Studio One – Fixed a crash which happened at startup with some users of Studio One.
- LFO 2 – A second LFO is now available to further modulate either the Feedback, Depth, Offset or Rate.
- Expanded to 64 Presets.
- CC Controllers – Now all controls have an assigned CC controller.